Communion is offered at Pathfinder Church on the 1st and 3rd weekends of every month.
Why do we take communion?
At Pathfinder Church, we believe God gives us Holy Communion for the forgiveness of sins (Matthew 26:26-28) and the deepening of our relationship with Him and each other. All who share in our profession of the Christian faith are encouraged to partake in Holy Communion, provided they:
- Have received Christian Baptism (Acts 2:36-38),
- Recognize and confess their sinfulness (Proverbs 28:13; 1 John 1:8-9),
- Forgive others (Matthew 5:21-24; Matthew 6:12)
- Believe the body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ are truly present, offered under forms of bread and wine (1 Corinthians 10:16; 1 Corinthians 11:27-29)
Our Profession of Faith
- I believe in the God who has revealed himself through the Bible.
- I believe in God the Father as my creator, provider, and sustainer.
- I believe in Jesus Christ as the full revelation of God in human flesh, whose death and resurrection are my rescue.
- I believe in the Holy Spirit as God’s enduring presence with me, who preserves me and keeps me in true faith.
- I believe the Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God.
- I am ready to receive Christian baptism if I have not already received it.
For questions about Communion or for parents of children wishing to receive Holy Communion (who have not yet received the Lord’s Supper instruction), please speak with a pastor.
During the communion distribution, we invite you to continue to sing as you wait for a volunteer to dismiss you. Those bringing physical offerings may place them in an usher’s basket as they depart.
Note: Non-alcoholic wine is offered in the blue section of the communion trays and gluten-free wafers are also available at all communion stations for those with special needs.
Are you in need of prayer?
Our staff and church would be honored to pray for you.